If your tires need replacing or a simple repair but you’re afraid to stop by your local tire shop due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there’s a safer option.
In response to the global COVID-19 outbreak, Goodyear Auto Service and Just Tires locations across the U.S. have mobilized to offer a “zero-contact” service. This service option was created to help to limit personal contact and keep guests, including those in essential roles such as law enforcement, first responders, doctors, nurses, and grocers, on the road and moving forward, according to a Goodyear press release.
“Despite the many ‘stay-at-home’ orders in place and fears caused by the pandemic in communities across the U.S., there are many individuals who are essential to protecting public health and safety and need to continue traveling to and from work each day,” said Chris Campbell, director, Goodyear Retail Operations in the news release. “To help keep their vehicles moving and give them peace of mind, we’ve introduced this zero contact service to minimize contact between our store teams, guests and their vehicles.”
How’s it work?
The zero contact process gives guests the same levels of service if they were to visit their local Goodyear Auto Service and Just Tires stores. However, the zero contact process now offers the option between visiting a store or conducting the entire exchange with zero contact. The process is outlined below:
- Book an appointment via online or phone.
- Visit the store and call the service department in your car. They will ask for a description of your vehicle to help find you.
- A team member will come out to greet you, maintaining an appropriate distance.
- A gloved technician will then use protective measures, such as floor mats, steering wheel, and seat covers before moving the vehicle into the work area.
- A team member will call you to review the work and collect payment by phone. As an additional precaution, the preferred method of payment is a credit card.
- On completion, all contact points will be cleaned and your vehicle will be returned to the parking lot for pickup.
- Call us on arrival to the store and a team member will come out to greet you and perform key exchange, maintaining an appropriate distance.
This new service is in addition to the preventative measures previously announced by Goodyear Auto Service and Just Tires, according to the news release.
Other safety precautions during these unusual times include a slight reduction in-store hours, as well as enhanced disinfection, visitor protocols and physical distancing according to guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Source: The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company